Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Reading - What are you reading!?

Hi Boys and Girls,
"Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are." - Mason Cooley

I saw this quote and it is perfect for the situation we are in!

I am not sure if you know this about me, but I LOVE to read. When I start to read a good book, it is hard for me to put it down and do other things. So while I am away from you all, I will be reading a lot!!!

I just finished a fantastic book. The book is called Prisoner B-3087 by Alan Gratz. I really enjoyed the style of writing and was thinking about using it for a book club/discussion with you all.  However, I think it would be better if you were a little older - like in Middle School. The story was about a Jewish boy who survived different 10 concentration camps during WW2. It talked about the horrible conditions, the torture and how he staved and worked to survive. The story is based on a true story which makes it harder and sadder to fully understand.

So I have a book where I write down books or stories I want to read. It is like a running "To Read List." So if you do something similar, I do recommend you put it on the list but wait until you are a little older. Just don't forget about it.

Now I need your help?! What are you reading? Are you enjoying it? What is good about it? If you aren't enjoying it, why not? I need some new book titles to add to my list. 

Remember, you can download books from the library's website. If you need any help, feel free to email Ms. Sprague and she can give you directions.

Miss you all!

6 comments:

  1. We read "Refugee 87" by Ele Fountain in book club and it was a great book! It is Historical Fiction. There is a lot of action in the book and I really enjoyed the book.
    -Jada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jada, that sounds like an interesting book. I never heard of it before. I love Historical Fiction stories. I will definitely read it next. Ethiopia, is on my list for traveling.

      Did you read Resistance!?

      -Ms. Knavel

      Delete
  2. I actually haven't read all of resistance. I started it.
    -Jada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jada, I did too. I am on Chapter 4. We will need to talk about it tomorrow when we Zoom. I am dying to talk to someone about it.
      -Ms. Knavel

      Delete
  3. LOL! I started a long time ago and i am not sure if i remember.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i did it again it is by Jada

    ReplyDelete

If you are having any problems with posting comments, please email Ms. Knavel at: tknavel@mycrcs.org

REMEMBER to make sure you Comment as: Anonymous